Frequent Asked Questions about Covid-19
The cleanliness and hygiene at Jardim do Vau have always been one of our highest priorities. At a time when these aspects represent a major concern for everyone, Jardim do Vau has taken additional sanitizing measures and obtained the “Clean & Safe” seal from the Tourism Board of Portugal, which attests the establishment to be in compliance with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19.
To see the complete list of the measures imposed by this seal, click here.
An Internal Protocol was created specifying the rules and regulations implemented at Jardim do Vau. This Protocol is available to all our Guests and Employees, and you may consult it at our Reception Front Desk or by following this link.
Apart from our Internal Protocol, please find below general information on how we have adapted our operation to the COVID-19 virus:
HOW DOES THE RECEPTION FRONT DESK WORK?
- During the month of June, our front desk is available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm;
- Masks are mandatory;
- It is not permitted to walk barefoot in the lobby;
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are provided in the lobby;
- Glass shields have been placed on the reception counter in order to provide a safety barrier between the Guest and receptionist;
- Floor markers have been placed along the floor to assist in maintaining social distance;
- The check-in will be carried out with one family at a time. Other Guests must wait their turn outside;
- All payments must be made when the service is requested: accommodation is paid on arrival, safes and any other services are to be paid when requested. Please give preference to electronic payments;
- No more than 5 guests are permitted at one time in the Reception lobby. Others should wait their turn outside.
DO I HAVE TO USE A MASK?
Masks are mandatory in all public areas including corridors. Should you require additional masks or gloves, these are available for sale at the front desk.
WILL THE RESTAURANTS BE OPEN?
- The restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. The Pool Bar is open from 11.00 am until 5.00 pm for breakfast, lunch and snacks. In addition, take-away or delivery to your room is available.
- Masks are mandatory during the seating process, using the toilet facilities and leaving the restaurant
WILL THE MINIMARKET BE OPEN?
ARE ALL HOTEL FACILITIES AVAILABLE?
- The outdoor swimming pools are open and the sun loungers are spaced out in order to maintain the mandatory social distance between family groups. Please note that the toilets in the pool area are open, although it is not permitted to shower;
- The Atlantic Club (indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, spa, fitness room and library) will remain temporarily closed;
- The Junior Club and Children’s Play Ground will remain temporarily closed;
- The massage service will be available.
HANDLING GUEST REQUESTS DURING OR BEFORE MY STAY. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
You may send an email to our front desk ([email protected]), dial 9 from the telephone in your apartment or personally visit the front desk. As usual, we will do everything possible to meet your requests, always giving priority to hygiene and safety practices.
WHAT EXTRA MEASURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN?
In this new concept of space sharing, we have implemented additional measures recommended by the National Health Board and Tourism Board in order to ensure the safety and hygiene of our services for all concerned; our Guests and Staff members:
- We have removed any type of time restrictions in the cleaning of the apartments – the housekeeping team will take the time that is necessary in order to guarantee a correct cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms, even if this takes longer;
- We do not use staff outsourcing – we have our fixed staff that has been trained and instructed to proceed in accordance with our Internal Procedures;
- During the check-in procedure, only one family at a time can enter the reception lobby.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING BEACHES?
All beaches in Portugal are public. The following restrictive measures have been applied:
- Along beach access: use footwear, keep to the right, follow any signage that may exist on the floor and maintain distance of 1,5m from other users who do not belong to the same group;
- On the beach: keep social distance of 1,5 metres from different groups, on the sand, water’s edge and whilst swimming;
- Awning/umbrella rental will be limited to day/afternoon period only;
- Private umbrellas: limited to a maximum of 5 people per sun shade;
- Beach restaurants and toilets: Footwear and masks are mandatory, sanitize your hands and maintain social distancing;
- When leaving the beach: take all your waste with you and leave it in the waste bins provided;
- Beach occupancy is limited: Praia do Vau - 700 people, Praia Barranco das Canas (west of Vau) – 400 people, Praia dos Careanos (east of Vau) – 150 people
IS LOCAL COMMERCE OPEN?
Yes. Restaurants, chemists, shops, supermarkets and shopping centres are open but with restrictions in place: opening and closing times have been reduced, capacity is limited, masks are mandatory, social distancing must be maintained and hygiene practises kept such as sanitizing hands, coughing/sneezing into the elbow.
WHAT ABOUT TRANSPORTATION?
- Taxis are available and so are airport transfers. Face masks are mandatory.
- Jardim do Vau shuttle bus is temporarily unavailable.