Frequent Asked Questions about Covid-19
The cleanliness and hygiene at Jardim do Vau have always been one of our highest priorities. At a time when these aspects represent a major concern for everyone, Jardim do Vau has taken additional sanitizing measures and obtained the “Clean & Safe” seal from the Tourism Board of Portugal, and also the European Safety Seal, which attests the establishment to be in compliance with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19.
An Internal Protocol was created specifying the rules and regulations implemented at Jardim do Vau. This Protocol is available to all our Guests and Employees, and you may consult it at our Reception Front Desk or on our website.
Apart from our Internal Protocol, please find below general information on how we have adapted our operation to the COVID-19 virus:
DO I NEED TO PRESENT MY COVID DIGITAL CERTIFICATE OR A NEGATIVE TEST TO ACCESS JARDIM DO VAU OR LOCAL RESTAURANTS?
Yes. According to the regulations imposed by the Portuguese Government on the 8th July 2021, restrictions are as follows:
- Covid Digital Certificate or a negative test is required to all clients with 12 years old and more arriving in all Portuguese hotels:
. PCR test, made 72 hours before the arrival;
. Antigen test with report, made 48 hours before the arrival;
. Quick antigen self-test, made 24 hours before the arrival and in presence of medical or pharmaceutical staff who can certify the result;
. Quick antigen self-test made locally when arriving at the hotel, which result can be certified by the hotel staff.
-When accessing restaurants, all clients with 12 years old or more need to present their Covid Digital Certificate or a negative test to be served inside the restaurants (excludes esplanades, coffee and pastry shops). This is required on Friday from 7pm, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
HOW DOES THE RECEPTION FRONT DESK WORK?
- Our front desk is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week;
- Masks are mandatory;
- It is not permitted to walk barefoot in the lobby;
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are provided in the lobby;
- Glass shields have been placed on the reception counter in order to provide a safety barrier between guest and receptionist;
- Floor markers have been placed along the floor to assist in maintaining social distance;
- The Check-in will be carried out with one family at a time. Other Guests must wait their turn outside;
- All payments must be made when the service is requested: accommodation is paid on arrival, safes and any other services are to be paid when requested. Please give preference to electronic payments;
- No more than 5 Guests are permitted at one time in the Reception lobby. Others should wait their turn outside.
DO I HAVE TO USE A MASK?
Masks are mandatory in all public areas including corridors.
WILL THE RESTAURANT BE OPEN?
WILL THE MINIMARKET BE OPEN?
ARE ALL HOTEL FACILITIES AVAILABLE?
-The Atlantic Club (indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room) will reopen in the end of October;
- The fitness room and library are open;
- The Junior Club and the Children’s Playground are available;
- The cleaning of the apartments is made on a daily basis;
- The massage service is available;
- The outdoor pool area is open.
HANDLING GUEST REQUESTS DURING MY STAY. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
You may send an email to our front desk (firstname.lastname@example.org), dial 9 from the telephone in your apartment or personally visit the front desk. As usual, we will do everything possible to meet your requests, always giving priority to hygiene and safety practices.
WHAT EXTRA MEASURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN?
In this new concept of space sharing, we have implemented additional measures recommended by the National Health Board and Tourism Board in order to ensure the safety and hygiene of our services for all concerned; our Guests and Staff members:
- We have removed any type of time restrictions in the cleaning of the apartments – the housekeeping team will take the time that is necessary in order to guarantee a correct cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms, even if this takes longer;
- We do not use staff outsourcing – we have our fixed staff that has been trained and instructed to proceed in accordance with our Internal Procedures;
- During the check-in procedure, only one family at a time can enter the reception lobby.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING BEACHES?
All beaches in Portugal are public. The following restrictive measures have been applied:
- Along beach access: use footwear, keep to the right, follow any signage that may exist on the floor and maintain distance of 2 m from other users who do not belong to the same group; it is mandatory to use masks in all beach accesses;
- On the beach: keep social distance of 2 metres from different groups, on the sand, water’s edge and whilst swimming;
- Beach restaurants and toilets: Footwear and masks are mandatory, sanitize your hands and maintain social distancing;
-When leaving the beach: take all your waste with you and leave it in the waste bins provided.
IS LOCAL COMMERCE OPEN?
Yes, according to the Portuguese Government restrictions.
WHAT ABOUT TRANSPORTATION?
Taxis are available and so are airport transfers. Face masks are mandatory.