Frequent Asked Questions about Covid-19
The cleanliness and hygiene at Jardim do Vau have always been one of our highest priorities. At a time when these aspects represent a major concern for everyone, Jardim do Vau has taken additional sanitizing measures and obtained the “Clean & Safe” seal from the Tourism Board of Portugal, which attests the establishment to be in compliance with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19.
To see the complete list of the measures imposed by this seal, click here.
An Internal Protocol was created specifying the rules and regulations implemented at Jardim do Vau. This Protocol is available to all our Guests and Employees, and you may consult it at our Reception Front Desk or by following this link.
Apart from our Internal Protocol, please find below general information on how we have adapted our operation to the COVID-19 virus:
HOW DOES THE RECEPTION FRONT DESK WORK?
- Our front desk is available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, from monday to friday, except on public holidays;
- Masks are mandatory;
- It is not permitted to walk barefoot in the lobby;
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are provided in the lobby;
- Glass shields have been placed on the reception counter in order to provide a safety barrier between the Guest and receptionist;
- Floor markers have been placed along the floor to assist in maintaining social distance;
- The check-in will be carried out with one family at a time. Other Guests must wait their turn outside;
- All payments must be made when the service is requested: accommodation is paid on arrival, safes and any other services are to be paid when requested. Please give preference to electronic payments;
- No more than 5 guests are permitted at one time in the Reception lobby. Others should wait their turn outside.
DO I HAVE TO USE A MASK?
Masks are mandatory in all public areas including corridors. Should you require additional masks or gloves, these are available for sale at the front desk.
IS THE RESTAURANT BE OPEN?
The restaurant and the bar will be open from the 1st May.
IS THE MINIMARKET BE OPEN?
The mini market will be open from the 1st May.
ARE ALL HOTEL FACILITIES AVAILABLE?
- The Atlantic Club (indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness room and library) will remain temporarily closed;
- The Children’s Playground is available;
- The cleaning of the apartments is made on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, except on public holidays;
- The massage service is available.
- The outdoor pool are is open.
HANDLING GUEST REQUESTS DURING OR BEFORE MY STAY. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
You may send an email to our front desk (firstname.lastname@example.org), dial 9 from the telephone in your apartment or personally visit the front desk. As usual, we will do everything possible to meet your requests, always giving priority to hygiene and safety practices.
WHAT EXTRA MEASURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN?
In this new concept of space sharing, we have implemented additional measures recommended by the National Health Board and Tourism Board in order to ensure the safety and hygiene of our services for all concerned; our Guests and Staff members:
- We have removed any type of time restrictions in the cleaning of the apartments – the housekeeping team will take the time that is necessary in order to guarantee a correct cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms, even if this takes longer;
- We do not use staff outsourcing – we have our fixed staff that has been trained and instructed to proceed in accordance with our Internal Procedures;
- During the check-in procedure, only one family at a time can enter the reception lobby.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING BEACHES?
All beaches in Portugal are public. The following restrictive measures have been applied:
- Along beach access: use footwear, keep to the right, follow any signage that may exist on the floor and maintain distance of 1,5m from other users who do not belong to the same group;
- On the beach: keep social distance of 1,5 metres from different groups, on the sand, water’s edge and whilst swimming;
- Beach restaurants and toilets: Footwear and masks are mandatory, sanitize your hands and maintain social distancing;
- When leaving the beach: take all your waste with you and leave it in the waste bins provided;
IS LOCAL COMMERCE OPEN?
Yes, restrictions imposed by the Portuguese Government are applied.
WHAT ABOUT TRANSPORTATION?
- Taxis are available and so are airport transfers. Face masks are mandatory.
- Jardim do Vau shuttle bus is temporarily unavailable.